Pages

Sunday 1 May 2011

Lodge Lane


This used to be the site of Edge Hill Public Baths on Lodge Lane - next to Edge Hill Library which is still open. I hear there are plans to redevelop this site, so the derelict landmark building (not itself part of the baths) will probably disappear - I'll make enquiries next time I get chance. I wonder what happened to the roof - vandalism / arson maybe?


When I was photographing it a friendly passerby engaged me in conversation - his name is Bello (left). He was telling me that he is a guitarist when his mate arrived and joined in for the photo. I never got to hear the rest of Bello's tale - maybe another day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi it's Dave Jones here. I met you at the Cairns St market on Saturday. Forgot to tell you about the people who have taken over the Asian supermarket on Lodge Lane - see this link.

    http://www.liverpoolconfidential.co.uk/Food-and-Drink/Counter-Culture-The-Liverpool-8-Superstore

    Regards
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dave - I have visited the supermarket - it's amazing! See my entry for 13th Sept.

    ReplyDelete